Saturday, August 09, 2008

What a mess.

We have a major family problem going on now. I was so upset when my sister got pregnant. I have not spoken to her since Christmas. Some people just told me to let sleeping dogs lie, but I just could not stand to even look at her or be around her. Her sweet little angel girl was born on Monday on my sister's birthday. What a birthday present! Only after I went to the hospital to visit did I learn that she and the baby tested positive for drugs. I cannot even begin to express my feelings on the matter. I am working on it, but I am not quite there yet. My mom and oldest sister have the baby for the time being. I am just taking everything one day at a time and watching how this whole situation is going to unfold. Personally I think she needs to be in jail with the baby's daddy and the baby needs to go to a family that will love it and that actually want a baby. I will update later as things unfold. Please just keep my family in your thoughts and prayers as we all deal with this mess.

8 comments:

Nan said...

Oh my, this is not good. I'm so glad that the baby is with family. My prayers are with you. Take care.

eatmisery said...

Oh, that poor baby. Your sister needs some serious help, but you already know that.

I can only imagine withdrawals for a newborn.

heels said...

I am flabbergasted. I just don't understand people who are able to put their children in harm's way. That poor little baby.

Stay strong. You're all in my thoughts.

The Queen B said...

Oh wow...what a situation...you'll be in my prayers.

Elmwood said...

I am so sorry to hear this...I will definitely say a little prayer for you, that sweet baby & your family
**Hugs**

Curtis said...

It's good that the baby is with family that cares for it. This sort of thing just makes me sick when I hear about it. The baby had no choice but I pray that everything works out alright.

Kristi said...

I'm really sorry for your family. I hope your sister gets the help she needs. Thinking of you..

Mama Beck said...

I am just so sorry for you and your family. I can only imagine how hard it is to be apart of a situation with someone who is making such incredibly poor decisions. Take care.