Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Seeing double

I am glad that I am not a twin, especially not an identical twin. Can you imagine always having to share everything from the womb to toys to every birthday. All through your life being mistaken for the other. I think in some cases that would actually work in your favor, but it would have to get old after a while. I work with two ladies who have an identical twin. It is freaky to go somewhere and have to look twice to see which sister it is, the one you work with or her twin. No matter where one of them goes she is always stopped by people and asked which twin she is. They look, talk and act eerily alike. I don't even look like any of my sisters. Sure there are some people who can look at pictures of them and then look at me and find some similarities, but I think they are just grasping at straws. I don't think I will ever be mistaken for one of my sisters or anyone else for that matter.

3 comments:

C. said...

My family is FULL of twins and let me tell you, keeping them straight is not easy! We also have a couple of triplets in the mix, just to keep the insanity level up LOL

Janet said...

But twins do share a weird mind meld sort of thing. That's got to be cool.

http://www.theartofgettingby.com/

Webmiztris said...

just as creepy as identical twins are fraternal twins who look NOTHING ALIKE!! That's too weird!!