Thursday, March 27, 2008

I am still treading water, but at least my head is above it!

Oh what a week! I have a co-worker that is driving me insane. I can't write much about it for fear of her finding my blog and forever making my life a living hell. Anyway, just know that things at work are stressful, as if work isn't stressful enough it doesn't help to have a psycho co-worker. 'Nuff said on that matter.

Something good did happen. We sold my car. Yes I was VERY sad about it. I miss my car everyday, but I know it would have taken a lot of money to fix it and it needs lots of work. The guy who bought it is a mechanic and he works with my hubby. So hubby gets to see my car everyday and make sure that she is alright. He has her running and has replaced several things and still has some work to do, but she is running. He even drove her to Tampa, FL last weekend and she made the trip there and back with no problems. At least I know she has a good home and someone who will take good care of her. I made sure to tell him how much I loved her before he agreed to buy her. For the time being I am driving hubby's Nissan Sentra and he is driving his grandparent's Cadillac. It is killing us on gas. I think I have a car in the works, but I will let you all know when I know for sure.

In the past month we have been to the rodeo and the monster jam monster truck thing. They were both so much fun. I love the rodeo. I had never been to see the monster trucks, but we watch them on TV all the time. The babe loves them. He knows when they are on in the afternoons and he asks my MIL turn them on for him. We had a blast. It was very loud! Of course he would not keep his earplugs in, so I had to cover his ears with my hands. I don't think he has any hearing loss, thank goodness.

We had a wonderful Easter. I hope everyone else did. The pollen here is just horrible. Everything has been covered in a yellow dust for about 3 weeks now and Easter was no exception. My feet and shoes were yellow. The babe really enjoyed the egg hunt this year. He was old enough to hunt and he had a ball. He enjoyed his stuff from the Easter bunny too. He was telling everyone that the bunny easter brought him a basket of stuff. It was so cute. I did not go to Easter at my mom's house. I just did not feel that I could be nice to everyone and so the best thing to do was for me to not go. I get tired of always having to put my feelings aside for the sake of everyone else. We went to church on Sunday and the babe stayed in the service with us and was really good, so we may try it again soon and not make him go to the nursery. I just feel like he cries most of the time we are gone. He does not like being left with strangers.

I have pics of most of the stuff that I am writing about, but blogger is being a pain and will not let me post them, so I will try to post them this weekend. For now it is almost my bedtime!

2 comments:

Curtis said...

I'm really happy to hear that things are on the upside. I do have one question though...Pollen ? I guess if it ever stops snowing here I might get to have some. lol.

The Queen B said...

I remember when my first car was donated. It was so sad to see it up on the tow truck.

Glad to hear things are going better, hope it keeps up!!