Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! I have never really looked forward to Valentine's Day the way some women do. I don't get flowers or balloons delivered to my office, I think it is a waste of time. They cost twice as much today as they normally do. I am a very practical person, I would rather have a live plant than cut flowers. When I got ready to leave this morning for work my gift was sitting on the kitchen counter. I felt bad because I was really running behind this morning so I took it with me to open on the way to work. I opened my card and of course it was really sweet and I cried. Then I opened my gift bag. It was a new CD that I wanted and The Lady & Sons cookbook. For those of you scratching your heads, it is Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah. I just adore Paula Deen, she is so funny on her show on the Food Channel. I can't wait to cook something out of there. That was such a great gift for me, because I had not asked for either one. My sweet hubby just knows what I like and he got it for me. I am such a lucky woman and I thank God everyday for my hubby. He is not always perfect, but hey neither am I.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww!... Just so you know... first day of work went really well. First day of home life before and after work... eh, not quite as well. LOL tell you all about it later.

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hey a good hubby is a good thing. Take it from me, I know cause I'm one (at least I try to be)