Monday, February 06, 2006

Amber Alert

The unthinkable has happened. Someone has stolen a baby from the hospital where my baby was born! I just want to cry for that poor baby being separated from his mom and for that mom being separated from her 4 day old baby. He is a preemie only weighing 4 lbs and 6 ozs. The high security in the maternity ward is one of the selling points of this hospital as opposed to the other one in town. Well when no one takes the alarm seriously then how can it help anyone. The lastest report says that the alarm went off once when she left the maternity ward and once when she left the hospital. My question, when the alarm went off the first time, why did no one stop her? Why was she able to get from the maternity ward, out of the hospital and into a car that was waiting for her without anyone stopping her? It is quite a ways from the maternity ward to the outside of the hospital, it is not like she could just go through one door and be out of the hospital. What kind of person can just steal someone else's baby? I hope the slack people that were working at the hospital are fired for this. This just makes me sick to my stomach, I just want to rush over to my mother-in-laws and kiss my baby and hold him tight and as soon as I leave work that is what I will do. I will keep you updated on this story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOD. How awful. Hug Jackson for me too. Have they figured out who took the baby... have they found them yet?