Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Randomness, with bullets

  • The babe is sick and he has been since last Monday. He has a cold complete with a cough, congestion and a runny nose. FUN! I called his dr yesterday to see if there was anything other that Tylenold Cold and Cough and Claritin that I could give him for the cough and congestion and the nurse said I needed to bring him in, so I did. After the finger prick, blood draw thing I was told that he has a virus! WELL DUH! I was trying to tell your nurse that on the phone. I still had to pay the $40.00 co-pay, which I really didn't have!
  • Since the babe has been sick, he refuses to sleep in his bed, so for the past week and a half he has been sleeping with hubby and I. Which means that I have not been sleeping well.
  • A co-worker's fiance was killed in Iraq this week. What do you say to someone? I just hugged her and told her that I am here for her. Please keep her and his family and all of our troops in your prayers.
  • Father's day is coming up on Sunday. Father's day is always a tough one for me, since I lost my dad at such a young age. I always try to make it special for my hubby, even though he didn't feel the need to make Mother's day special for me. Thank goodness I don't hold grudges! I have bought him a few things, but his big gift, the one that I have been working my butt off on is a movie that I have made for him. It is a lot and I do mean a LOT of pictures that start with the birth of his daughter. We do not have many baby pictures of her, because when hubby got divorced she kept most of those pictures. So I had MIL to dig out some pics and I even enlisted the help of our daughter to bring me some pics so I could scan them and use them in the movie. I have managed to keep it all a secret from him, so I think he will be surprised. It was really more work than I had originally thought it would be, but he is worth it!
  • My neice had her baby on Sunday. A little girl, 7 lbs 2 ozs. She is just precious. I hope my neice will be a good mother, but I have serois doubts, she is so much like my sister and I see history repeating itself. I wish her all the luck in the world. This parenting thing is hard.
  • I do not want any more children. Holding my new neice was nice, but it did not spark a desire in me to have another one, none of those motherly feelings came rushing back to me. I did not hear my biological clock ticking. All I could think about was how much work a newborn is and how sad that she is not even going to try to breastfeed her. I am glad that the question has finally been answered in my head, now I don't feel so bad about it when I tell people that I have no desire to have another one.
  • We should be getting a closing date on our refinance loan for our house! WOOHOO! I will be glad when that is over. 2 months with no house payment. I hope we can go ahead and get started on Christmas and the kiddos birthdays (one in November and one in January).
  • I need a hairstyle, but I cannot find anything that I really like. I also need a new hairdresser. We stopped going to the lady that we had been using because she hardly ever works and it was really hard to get an appointment at a time that was convenient for us. How do you find a new hairstyle and hairdresser that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for a cut? The last time that I went to the local beauty school to get a trim, it took 2 hours and the girl was real afraid to cut my hair, while I was in the chair and she was cutting my hair she was telling her classmate that she really didn't like doing haircuts! HELLO, I can hear you, please don't say things like that when you are in the middle of a haircut!
  • I think that about sums up what is going on in my life, sounds fun doesn't it?

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Sounds like a great FD gift. I hope your hubby likes it (he better like it, dang it! That's a lot of work!)

I assume he doesn't read your blog??

CharmingDriver said...

YAY NEW BABY!!!

BOO (and hugs) war death.

I'm right there with you on the hair thing; I desperately need a new look but am afraid anything I do, I will regret. Indecision, uuuuughhh!!

Hope the babe feels better soon!

Unknown said...

I hope your babe feels better soon. And that is terrible news about your co-workers fiance. Scares the crap outta me. Funny, your comment about no one making Mother's Day special for you. I could write that book. :( But what you are doing for your hubby this Sunday is very sweet. Have fun giving it to him.