Friday, July 13, 2007

The week in review

I am so glad that Friday is here, even if it is Friday the thirteenth. So far, my day has been alright. It has been a long week, at least it felt that way. I am mentally tired. Okay here is a rundown of the past week in my life.

Saturday- I had an impromptu yard sale. Someone down the street and around the curve from me was having a yard sale and they advertised and put out all the signs for the sale and I took advantage of the free advertising and the HUGE yard sale sign that they put up in MY yard, so I put my stuff out and made a few dollars too. I made about $45.00 which was not bad since I had not planned to have a sale and most of what I got rid of was old kids clothes and toys.

Monday- I took the day off work because MIL had a colonscopy and I did not have a babysitter, hubby called in sick and spent the day with me and the Babe. I got reauthorized to be a notary public, which my work paid for! We had a good day.

Tuesday- Had my bestest friend and her daughter over for dinner. She is getting a divorce (I guess I can write about this). Anyway, for completely selfish reasons I am happy about it. It means she is going to move back to my town and possibly come back to work at my office. I am so happy about all of that I could just cry! See, I told you it was selfish.

Wednesday- A co-worker that was our longest tenured got fired. I am still upset about this. We knew it was coming, but no one thought it would actually happen. She was like my mom at work and now she is gone and my heart is broken! I have tried to call her, but she hasn't returned my calls, I hope she will keep in touch with me. It just is not the same without her here. I have been here longer than anywhere else (7 years) that I have worked and she was here almost twice as long as me. In the past couple of months I have lost 3 co-workers that I had worked with at least 5 years and that were friends of mine. Things at work are sad. It takes all of my strength sometimes to hold back the tears.

Friday (Today)- Hubby told me that he wants to take me on a date tonight. I am so excited about a date with my hubby and some ALONE time!

So, that about sums up my week. I hope everyone is doing alright, I will try to check in with you all soon.

4 comments:

Elmwood said...

I EXPECT the next post to be all about date night
you kids have fun!!!!! :)

CharmingDriver said...

Sounds like a great week to me!!

Jodi said...

Hey Sunshine...
It looks like things are looking up for you. Enjoy that date.

Hugs!!
J.

Curtis said...

Alone time...ALRIGHT!!! Enjoy