Thursday, July 19, 2007

Losing it

I am trying to lose weight. I think most of you know how hard that is, especially after a baby. My tummy is WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too big and I need to be in control of my body, not the other way around. My pants are tight in the waist and I don't like it. So a few weeks ago I saw this commercial for an exercise show that comes on at 6 am on one of our local cable channels and it is 20 minutes of cardio and 10 of toning. So I got up early and started working out with this lady. It is very high energy, but I can feel the difference, not so much in my waistline, but in my energy level and mood. I can't do the whole 20 minutes of cardio, but I do about 10 minutes of it and then 10 minutes of toning. I did not do it on Tuesday and I felt so tired and sleepy all day. So now I have to do it. I am also trying to make healthier food choices and not eat out so much. I cannot give up my coffee in the mornings, but I have tried to cut back on the amount of sugar in it. It is the little things that add up. Anyway, hopefully I will be able to stick with a workout and get in better shape. After all, I need to be able to keep up with my children!

5 comments:

heels said...

Ugh. I know what you mean. I've got something to lose too!

I love my bellydancing, but it's only 2.5 hours once a week. It's not enough! I've also been trying to eat better and I cut out all of the sugar in my coffee. I don't miss it now.

Good luck! It's awesome that you've already found an exercise program that works for you.

Jodi said...

Hey, if you've been reading any of my stuff lately, you will know I'm up to the same stuff. It must be an epidemic!!!

J.

Kristi said...

Good for you. Getting up that early and being motivated enough to exercise at that hour is a huge step, so you're definitely on the right track. Would you consider switching to an artificial sweetner in your coffee? I like Splenda because it doesn't have that odd after-taste, and it's made from sugar.

Nan said...

This will be me in about 4 months from now.

Elmwood said...

oh I hear ya--mid sections SUCK but I will NEVER give up my coffee!! nor will I EVER get up at 6am to wokout--way to go mama!!!!