Monday, October 01, 2007

Vacation anyone?

Sorry for my absense, I was on vacation last week and spent the week before that preparing for it. Am I rested and refreshed? Not so much! The babe is getting his 2 year molars and he and I were both sick with a cold/allergy/sinus illness. It was hot and we did not pack clothes for hot weather, so it was miserable wearing the same 3 outfits over and over. I felt like I was constantly doing laundry. The mountain vacation that I had envisioned as relaxing, cool, and just plain awesome was none of the above. Because the babe was sick he only wanted me, to do everything! Everywhere we went I had to hold him, he would not ride in his stroller or let anyone else carry him. He was whiny and just plain awful! I know it was because he did not feel good, but we spent too much time and money on this vacation for it to be so bad!

There were some good things that happened during the week. We went to BabyLand General Hospital and saw a Cabbage Patch baby being born, it was neat. I had never been, so it was really cool to me. Our cabin was beautiful! We went to Dollywood. It was way nicer than I thought it would be. Hubby and I rode 2 roller coasters, which we had not done in about 7 years. It was awesome. We also went to the Dixie Stampede, dinner and show and it was wonderful. It was really better that I had anticipated and the babe was really good while we were there. We also rode go carts on this awesome track. I had the fastest car and it was a lot of fun.

I was very glad to be home on Friday and believe it or not I am very glad to be back at work. At least the people here don't want me to hold them all day long. They do whine and complain a lot, but I can deal with that. I will try to get some pics posted later on in the week.

3 comments:

The Queen B said...

What is this vacation you speak about? Haven't seen one of those in years!!

Cricky said...

Glad you got to enjoy some of it at least. Welcome Back.

Kristi said...

Ohh... a vacation. Sounds like it was a mixed bag, but I know how it feels to need a vacation to recover from your vacation! Hope to see some photos soon!