Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Is there something burning?

I am truly sorry for the lack of posting and reading other blogs. I miss it, really I do, it is just to do anything, it is so busy at home and you all know that I cannot blog at work anymore, it makes it hard to find the time to actually sit down and write anything. When the babe sees me on the computer he wants to look at Thomas the train or go to Sesame Street and that is fine, but it doesn't help me post anything. Anyway, I promise that I will try to do better.

So much has happened in the past few weeks, I will update you a little at a time. I would hate to blow your mind all at once. I will start with my stupidity from Sunday. We still have not found a church here, I know, I know these things take time. We have only been here a little over 4 years, so I guess it goes without saying we really need to find a church. All of that said, we decided to go to church Sunday. We got up and got ready and I had a little extra time while I was waiting for hubby to get ready, so I decided to put some peas on the stove to go ahead and start cooking them to go with our lunch. Well I forgot to turn them off before we left the house. We got through church and made up our mind that we would just keep looking because that was not the church for us. We got home and hubbywas unlocking the door and asked if we smelled smoke. Well the weather was nice, so I just thought maybe someone was cooking on the grill. When he opened the door he looked at me and asked if I was cooking something. Then I remembered the peas. The house was filled with smoke and the peas were ash in the pot. We immediately began opening the doors and windows to get the smoke out. Well we got the smoke out, but we are stuck with the smell. Some rooms are worse than others, like the kitchen and adjoining den. The smell is making me sick. It is stuck in my nose. I am trying to get rid of it and everyday it is a little better. I have invested a small fortune in air fresheners and cleaners and Febreez. Hopefully soon the smell will just be a memory, like my favorite pot that I ruined.

Oh well, I guess everyone makes mistakes. Thank goodness it was only smoke and no fire.

4 comments:

Elmwood said...

I just so happened to stop by and here you are...looking for a church and burning your house down...hmmmmm I'm worried about you!!! :)~
and miss you too.

heels said...

Ouch! Thank goodness it went no further!

It's good to see you back, even if infrequently. :)

The Queen B said...

Oh my...so glad to hear you just have to deal w/ a stinky aftermath and nothing more serious!

Curtis said...

Thank goodness it wasn't worse. Guess you won't want peas for awhile. It took Ellen and me some time to find the right church. Sometimes the minister has a lot to do with it also as in our case.