Saturday, February 23, 2008

Positive parenting

I am taking a parenting class. It is called Triple P (I can't remember what it stands for at the moment, but I know that part of it is PositiveParenting). Anyway I started it last week and it is an eight week class. The babe has been going with me and staying in the nursery with the other kids. It is the only interaction that he really has with other children. I am trying to get him involved in more things with other kids, we do still go to out meetups when we can, but that is just usually once a month. He does well with other children.

Anyway, I am excited about this class. I think I do alright with the whole parenting thing, but there is not one right way to parent and I think that I could certainly use some pointers to help me with some things that I am struggling with. So far I really like the class and have learned that a lot of what I am doing is right on, but some things I need to work on. So we have little homework assignments and things to work on during the week and then in the next class we share our ideas. I think parents need all the help that they can get, especially if you have a very stubborn hard-headed child like the babe.

4 comments:

Elmwood said...

I think you need this class because you are obviously a liar--I don't believe for one second that adorbale child is hard headed or stubborn!!! :)~

Curtis said...

Things are so different nowadays from when I was a kid that if I was a parent I think I would need help. Can't do what they use to do to make me behave.

Elmwood said...

sunshine-fyi follow amandas directions about linking--I tried it and it worked--although it didn't underline what I wanted to link, so you don't know that it's linked to?!?!?!?
email me if you have ?'s

Mama Beck said...

Good for you!! I think that is awesome, and I am sure just the open discussion with other parents is worth the time!