Friday, September 11, 2009

Did you know???

Did you know that you can actually cough hard enough to break a rib? Well you can, because I did. The babe had a virus a few weeks ago, some horrible strain of something that has been going around. It causes flu-like symptoms, so it has everyone scared. Anywho after a visit to the doctor and swabs and blood tests confirmed it was just a virus. A VERY HORRIBLE VIRUS! Well after the babe had it for a couple of days I got it too. Although I honestly think I felt much worse, maybe it is the 30 year age difference. So after a couple of days of fever, chills, body aches, severely congested head Hubby convinced me to go to the doctor. Well after several tests I was told that it was just a virus, give it 7-10 days and it would be gone. Well 7 days later the sever head congestion was gone, but it had moved into my chest. It was making me cough so bad and so hard that I would literally wet my pants! After a week of coughing this hard my ribs started hurting on the left side. It wasn't a major pain, just felt like maybe a bad bruise. Well everyday the pain was a little worse, until Wednesday night when I could not bend over without crying in pain. I could not cough, or raise my arm above my head. Let's not even talk about sneezing. So yesterday I go back to the doctor, they take x-rays and yes I have a broken rib! So they wrapped me up in this rib belt, which feels a lot like a girdle, gave me some meds and sent me on my way. The doctor told me to just go home and to take today off too, but I just could not do that, so I went back to work yesterday and finished up what I was working on and stayed at home today! I slept until 10:00 this morning, got up ate me a little something, drank my coffee, watched a little T.V., and by 1:30 I was back in bed. I got up around 5 and now I am going to try to find the energy to cook supper. This med makes me very sleepy and honestly I just want to go back to bed, but I feel like such a bum because I have done absolutely nothing all day, but sleep. Happy Friday to me!

No comments: