Monday, June 20, 2005

Eight legged hysteria

It was a very uneventful night last night, just snuggling on the sofa watching TV with my hubby. I guess it happened around 10 or 10:30. The dog needed to go outside, like she usually does, so I got up to let her out. I opened the door, attached her collar to her runner and closed the door. Nothing abnormal about that. All of a sudden something catches my eye, something on my shirt crawling! I started screaming and hitting myself and jumping around. My hubby was looking at me like I was crazy and screaming what's wrong, what's wrong. I knocked the crawly thing off my shirt and got a good look at the huge 8 legged arachid. I then proceeded to grab a shoe and beat the daylights out of it. When will spiders learn not to scare pregnant women? In all the commotion of trying to knock the thing off my shirt I scratched my face. I think I had a small heart attack. It scared the life out of me. Note to spiders and other creep crawlies: STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME! YOU SCARE ME AND I WILL KILL YOU IF I CAN! Maybe they read my blog and they will get the message.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bet that spider wishes he had never met you. lol. I was in stitches reading this blog. The picture was in my mind. BUGS BEWARE!!!! She ain't kiddin

Elmwood said...

oh geez..I am itching reading this..thank God for my sister the brave spider killer!!!! I will just stand there and scream...
FYI a superstition is if you kill the white ones bad luck will happen..I believe it too.. ;)~