Monday, June 27, 2005

Want to know what the baby is?

Well today was a monumental day in my pregnancy. I had my ultrasound this morning. My hubby and child were there, which was wonderful. I was so nervous. I started having bad anxiety last night about something being wrong with the baby. It was something that I had thought about before, but last night was worse. I cried during supper, and hubby assured me that nothing was wrong with the baby and even if it was we could handle it. We snuggled up and went to sleep last night, both of us anticipating today.

We had to take 2 cars because my doctor is in the town that I work in and I had to come to work after the appointment. Hubby of course works in the town that we live in so he had to go back there. I got to the office and he was already there with his child standing in the hall looking out the window waiting for me. I wanted to cry when I saw them there. Hormonal tears get the best of me sometimes. We went into the waiting room and waited for what seemed like an eternity, finally the Ultrasound technician came and got us and led us into the room.

It was a nice quiet, very dimly lit little room. It has been so long since I have seen an ultrasound I had forgotten what they really look like. She looked for a while and did some measurements and typed some stuff in and printed some pictures. Then she turned the screeen around so I could see it. It was magnificent! I could see my baby moving all around. Then she asked if we wanted to know what it was, very excitedly we answered her, "YES!" She isolated part of the anatomy and asked if we could tell what it was, immediately I could. IT'S A BOY!!!! I am so excited, I cried a little bit. I could have cried more, but I hate to be a blubbering mess. I have pictures and I have been showing everyone. My family is so excited, we have no boys, so mine will be the first. I can't believe that I am gonna have a son.

4 comments:

Elmwood said...

HOW EXCITING!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

The Narcissist said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you. That's wonderful. Spread some of the boy goodness my way. :)

The Sarcastic Journalist has a funny post on to snip or not to snip. If you don't read her, you should read this entry. http://shenuts.com/index.php?p=1543

Cylithria Dubois said...

Oh Congrats to you and hubby!!!!

Webmiztris said...

congrats!! I don't know how some people don't want to know whether their baby is going to be a boy or a girl. I'd HAVE to know! You should post his 'pictures'. :)