Friday, June 17, 2005

Something is eatin' at me...

I feel like I really need to write something today so here goes. Being pregnant is such a wierd experience. It goes through so many phases. In the beginning I was so nauseated, yet I had to eat every 2 hours or I would feel worse. Now the nausea is gone and I am starving. I eat and a few minutes later I am hungry again. I was so hungry this morning that I ate my lunch of a honey roasted turkey and provolone cheese sandwich at 10:30 this morning. I normally start getting hungry around 11:00 or so and I go to lunch at 12:00 so most of the time I just wait it out, but this last week I have been so hungry. So anywho, I had errands to run today at lunch and on my way back to the office I went to the store and bought a pint of Strawberry ice cream, made with real strawberries, not just artificial flavoring. I got back to the office and ate a little bit of my ice cream and put the rest of it back in the freezer for a yummy afternoon snack. A co-worker called me after lunch to tell me that she had an extra baked potato left over from her lunch still wrapped in its little aluminum foil sleeve if I wanted it. So I gave in around 2:30 and ate the potato. It was a very big baked potato with lots of butter melted on it's yummy starchiness. I am staring at the remaining potato carcass thinking I could really have eaten 2 of them, if I had more butter I would eat the peel too. I think I need to get my ice cream out and finish it off, maybe that will satisfy my hungry stomach for a little while. I have been so proud of myself up until this point, trying to eat only healthy things and watching my weight gain, I have a feeling thatl if this keeps up I will be watching my weight gain alright. I need to go buy some grapes to keep at work so I can munch on them as I sit at my desk and work, ar at least pretend to.

No comments: