Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The smoke, it is choking me!

For the past few weeks now at least 2 mornings a week the air is smokey and heavy. It is the smoke from the fires in South Georgia and Florida. Some days it is so bad you can barely stand to be outside. You can see the smoke in the air! We are more than 200 miles away from the fires. I can only imagine what it must be like for the people closer to the flames. Please pray that we get some rain soon to help put out the fires. Everything here is so dry and dusty. Our grass is dead and I haven't been watering it because of the watering restrictions. I have been watering my new little trees and some flowers that I have planted, but not running the sprinkler on the lawn. The babe loves to help me water the flowers. He plays in the water and sticks his little hands in the stream of water and says "COLD" and laughs.

7 comments:

heels said...

Ugh- I remember bad fire years here in CA. When Yosemite was burning, we had leaves that were still fully formed but were completely transformed to ash falling on our house. It's really hard to live with. I hate the way it discolors the sky and how your lungs feel all scratchy. Thank goodness it's not close enough that the fire itself is a threat, though!

Anonymous said...

what part of ga email me we can be email pals come ceee my blog just click on ltlmomma i had tha smoke too i lives in da bulldawg county uga home of da dawgs wooh wooh

Anonymous said...

ltlmomma@gmail.com

Cricky said...

The kids were doing a rain dance in the yard last night. The smoke is so thick you could cut it some days and then thankfully the wind swaps direction for a few hours every now and then.

The Narcissist said...

That doesn't sound pleasant at all. You can have some of our seattle rain, that's for sure. I'm blowing it your way even as I type. ;)

The Queen B said...

I'll do a rain dance for you, although my dancing skills are pretty shabby!

Jodi said...

Oh, I'm sorry you have to breath all that smoke. I will pray for rain!

I'll bet your baby is adorable!

J.