Thursday, August 23, 2007

Dreaded news

I got news today that I had been anticipating, but hoping and praying that it wouldn't happen. One of my Daily Distractions has lost her battle with cancer. My heart is just broken. She is in my sidebar as Emptying my Head, her husband is over there too under Canuckville (I still don't know how to link). He is my only male reader. I began reading Ellen (and Curtis) several years ago and she was such a great writer and a wonderful person. She was always so positive, even when it would have been easy to give up. She fought a great fight, but in the end she lost to the beast. My heart goes out to Curtis, her husband, and her family. I know she will be missed greatly. If you have a moment go by and say hello, send him a prayer. I am sure he needs all the support that he can get right now.

2 comments:

Curtis said...

Thank you. The only male reader? Wow didn't know that.

The Queen B said...

I'm so sorry to hear that...definitely sending my condolences.