Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The heat

Oh the heat! It is unbearable! For the past few weeks we have been breaking all kind of records with the high heat and honestly folks I am sick of it. It is so hot in my office that I just fantasize about laying on a big iceberg somewhere very, very cold. That is just not me because I don't like cold weather either. I can handle the mid 90s, but 103? Come on, give me a break. I think our air conditioner must be about to die at work because it is barely keeping the place cooler than the outside. I have my fan on, blowing right on me, but it offers little relief from the heat. When will it cool off? On the weekends I don't want to leave the house because the thought of having to get in the hot car and drag the babe out and in places in this heat is just more than I can stand. I know the old saying, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, well please someone show me the door!

No comments: