Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy......

I am still here. I have just been so busy lately. My office assistant apparently quit about 2 weeks ago. Well I guess you could say she quit. She worked on Monday, she called in sick on Tuesday after the cash drawer was more than $50.00 short, then she called the boss Wednesday to say that she would be here, but she would be late because she had a parent/teacher conference. Well she just never showed up. So the boss said she was no longer employed here. I promptly packed up her things and had them sent to the basement. We still have not heard from her. This girl had worked here for more than 6 months. She was here while I was on maternity leave and she did a great job, until I got back to work. I think she thought because she had a little more responsibility while I was out, that it would continue when I came back, but she could not handle my job. First off she was extremely unprofessional and secondly people just didn't like her as much as they like me. So oh well, I am glad that she is gone, she was totally doing a bad job and she was out all the time for one thing or another. Anywho I spent last week interviewing for a replacement and I found one. She is awesome. She is doing such a great job! I try to make sure to tell her that everyday too. I believe that praise makes you do a better job, and I am all about doing a better job. So things are finally going better at the office. I have been training her this week and hopefully by next week I will have her trained on the most important things.

On the homefront things are great too. My baby is growing by leaps and bounds everyday. He will be 5 months old on Friday. He still isn't rolling over yet, but we practice almost every night. He is such a good baby for the most part, he has his moments though when he just comes unglued. We can't all be good all the time. When he looks at you and smiles and reaches out his little arms to you it makes it all worth while. My hubby has been busy getting ready for my birthday, which is Sunday. We are having a small party with his family on Friday and with my family next Saturday. I still can't believe that I will be 30! I am trying not to stress about it. Age is just a number it is how you feel on the inside that counts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You remeber how I did my 30th birthday right? I threw a party and got drunk! HA! I can't beleive we are 30. When did that happen? You are still just a beautiful and sassy as the day I met you. :-) *hugs* We'll plan our personal birthday bash soon.

Anonymous said...

excuse all the typos... I was rushing. :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy (early) Birthday, welcome to 30, glad I'm not in it alone! Really, it's not all bad, I promise!

Anonymous said...

She says "wow...can't believe I'm 30". I say "wow...wish I could remember when I was 30"...lol. Happy Birthday.