Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

I know this is a little early, but hey give me a break at least I remembered. How could I not remember, I am being bombarded from every which way with ads for Valentines day stuff and we all know that we must spend a fortune on our loved ones for this blessed holiday. I am not looking for anything for Valentine's day. I was not asked what I wanted, if I had been I would have simply replied a card. Honestly, I don't want the $75.00 bouquet of roses delivered to my office. I don't want my hubby to spend a small fortune on jewelry for me, of course it would be nice, but we don't have a small fortune for such things, and I don't need any more jewelry anyway. To me it is a pointless holiday. I guess if I were in the flower or greeting card or candy business I might disagree, but I am not. Tomorrow I will go to lunch with my hubby and give him his card and Hershey's dark chocolate kisses that I bought him. We will have supper with the kids of heart shaped grilled cheese sandwiches and soup and chocolate frosted cupcakes for dessert. We have gotten the kiddos a few small things and some candy for our daughter and some goldfish crackers for our son. If my hubby is a good boy and I can muster up the energy, maybe we can have some Valentine lovin' after I put the babe to bed. Whatever you do for Valentine's Day I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

I agree. The holiday has been commercialized to a ridiculous degree. We keep it simple too, and that's the way we both like it.

Cricky said...

I tell my husband every year to keep it simple and every year he wastes money on something that I will probably lose or dislike. This year he outdid himself with a gorgeous watch...but that makes me think wht else could I have done for our home with that money....

I am such a spoil sport.

Elmwood said...

sounds perfect! :)

The Queen B said...

Well, the only reason I have to like Valentine's Day is because it's also my birthday!!

Mama Beck said...

I gotta say I am not into the day very much myself. Don't need a $3 card to know how much my husband loves me!

I just tagged you on my sight..... hope you get the chance to share!

Jodi said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the day. I had a date with my birthday boy....
but I got the expensive roses delivered to school, too! (grin)

Happy Belated VD.
J.