Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Cherry Blossom time

The Cherry Blossom Festival is here! Fun, Fun! Lots of tourists, lots to see and do, beautiful weather. I think we will try to get out and enjoy some of the festivities this weekend with the kids. I might see if hubby wants to meet me at the park for lunch tomorrow there are all sorts of food vendors set up there and we can get some yummy artery clogging fried food.

I am tired and edgy today. The babe has decided that sleep is highly over-rated and he would rather stay awake and cry. The only problem with that is that he wants other people to stay up with him, yet he does not want us to cry too. He woke up this morning at 1 am and did not go back to sleep until after 3, and in our bed then. At one point he was crying and I was crying and I just wanted to wake up my hubby grab my purse and leave! I think maybe he is teething again, although I don't know where another tooth would go in his little mouth, but I have to blame something. I am really hoping this is not a precursor to the terrific twos that I have heard so much folklore about. He dropped a bite of his pop tart this morning on our commute and decided that he needed to cry and scream about it for 20 minutes. I am surprised that you didn't hear him. I thought I would go insane! He cried so much that he nearly barfed. He would not take his paci, he did not want anymore pop tart, nothing helped. After a night of no sleep 20 minutes of crying and screaming is not a good thing. I will be glad when he can talk so that he can tell me what the hell is wrong with him. Times like this make me more thankful to have a job to go to everyday!

4 comments:

Nan said...

Awe sweetie I feel for you. I'll be in that situation myself soon enough.

Kristi said...

Yeah, I hear ya. But I've heard once they start to talk, it can be even worse because they're talking all the time. And this mother likes her silence. ;)

eatmisery said...

He's so frustrated and not getting enough sleep doesn't help. It'll get better soon because it can't get much worse.

The Queen B said...

C is in that stage right now, but she can talk and will just repeat over and over again "Please, please" and if the answer is no, she'll try and try some more.

Ahhh, these kids!