Monday, March 12, 2007

Covered up

This weekend was just beautiful. The sun was shining and the birds were singing. I decided that we needed to get out of the house Saturday and do something outside. We headed to Macon to Rose Hill Cemetary, our daughter had never been. That in itself shocked me because I love this cemetary it is so historic and beautiful and the Allman Brothers are buried there, well the dead ones at least. We drove around and looked at some of the other interesting gravesites and then we went to the Allman brothers graves. We were shocked to find them covered in a tarp. I knew there was a fence around them, but it had been removed and a small wire thing was around them now complete with a No Trespassing sign. It is sad that someone feels that their final resting place should be covered up. I know who is responsible, but I will not call names here, that is not why I write. People are still buying their music and I am sure that their surviving family members are getting the royalty checks for those purchases. Their fans cannot even come and pay their respects to members of a band that did so much for southern rock. I could really rant about this, but I won't. It was just disappointing, my daughter did not get to see their graves. Saturday I did take my camera with me so I could share some pics with you of our beautiful historic cemetary. There are graves dating back to the mid 1800s. It is very interesting, anyway here are my pics.


This is little Martha, there is an Allman Brothers song about her.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Nice post. Isn't it great that the weather has finally opened up the outdoors to us?

J.

PS. I'm single again. Look for an upcoming post to explain.

Cricky said...

How horribly disrespectful.

Little Martha is a beautiful song.

I wish Jimi Hendrix would come to me in a dream :)