Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Excuse me?

We had fun Saturday. It did not start out good, but it ended up good, isn't that what counts? Hubby got a phone call while we were getting dressed from ex-wife that daughter had a birthday party that evening at 6 and the invitation had gotten returned due to a wrong address, blah, blah, blah. Well that put a little damper on our plans, we would only have a few hours and then we would have to rush her to the birthday party. She still wanted to go the the festival, so after we got dressed, off we went. There were so many people there, it was ridiculous! Hubby and I were in 2 different cars and when we were going in to park the cars the stupid woman directing traffic did not know what she was doing and she caused a little traffic jam in the park. Hubby and I were about to be seperated and I wanted to park by him, so I stopped and motioned for him to get back in front of me. Well the old biddy behind me started laying on her horn. I still sat there still in my car and waited for hubby to pull in front of me. I turned around and looked at her as nicely as I could and tried to motion to show her what I was doing. Apparently she did not care, she continued to lay on her horn, not just a little toot, I mean full fledged blowing her horn. So after hubby got in front of me, I snatched off my seat belt and jumped out of my car, I had enough of her crap. So did he, he was screaming at her from beside his car. I politely walked up to her window, which of course she would not let down. I then noticed she was about 70 years old, which is no excuse for being rude! I called her a few choice words and asked her to please let down her window, which she did not do. Imagine that! I was headed back to my car when she honked again! The nerve of some people. I think she wanted her ass beat! I told her to kiss my ass and gave her a hand signal to go along with it, just in case she could not read lips. I got back in my car and then I drove along at about a snail's pace. Guess what? She had to park in between hubby and I. She got out of her car and would not even look our way. B*TCH! I kept loud talking, but she probably had her hearing aids turned off by then. So that was the start of our day at the park. It did get better. It was 87 degrees with no breeze, just hot, sticky sunshine! We slathered ourselves and the kids in SPF 50 sunscreen and we managed to not get burned! YAY! We ate unhealthy fried foods and walked around and watched the kids having fun, which was fun for us.

The babe's first carnival ride, the dragons. He just loved it! He also rode the bumble bees and the cars. He was really good Saturday, no meltdowns, no screaming. Bliss! Hubby and I even took turns riding rides with our daughter. It ended up being a good day, despite its bad beginnings.

5 comments:

K. said...

I'm so sorry, I know you were frustrated - but I had to laugh at the story about the old woman. I am glad that you all had a fun time at the carnival. I love that pic!

heels said...

People are almost never ruder than in cars. Unless it's in stores...or in restaurants...

I guess people are just rude.

Anyway, it's amazing how impatient people get and how quickly common courtesy and respect break down. Disgusting.

I've almost started fights with people like that, once with a tiny baby Cole in my arms. I just can't stand rudeness.

eatmisery said...

I can't wait to take my kids to our neighborhood carnival this year.

The Queen B said...

I can't even imagine you, my sweet sweet sunShine every getting mad!!

Jodi said...

oh, look at the cute baby on the dragon! What a doll!

J.