Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy Easter


When I was growing up, every year my mom would take us shopping and get us a new frilly dress and shoes for Easter. Then we would wake up on Easter morning and run into the dining room to see what the Easter bunny left us in our baskets. Sometimes we would have store bought baskets and sometimes my mom would put some stuff together for us. Either way we always had a basket full of goodies on Easter morning. Then we would get dressed and go to church. After church we would go home and take pictures in front of various different blooming bushes in our yard. Then we would change out of our Easter dresses and have an egg hunt. It was always so much fun. We had a dog that would help us hunt the eggs and eat them.

Now that I have a child, it is time for us to start our own traditions. We still have not found a church, so we won't do that this Sunday. The Easter bunny will be leaving baskets of goodies for the kids to enjoy. We are going to my mom's Saturday for my birthday party and Easter dinner and an egg hunt. Then Sunday we will go to MIL's house for dinner and an egg hunt. At my MIL's we have a grown up egg hunt. MIL and SIL get little trinkets and things and hide them all in the yard and the grown ups have to hunt for them. We did it last year and it was so much fun! There are a few eggs with money in them! I hope I find a big money egg, I need some lunch money! What are you doing for Easter? What traditions does your family have?

6 comments:

Andrei Kouvchinnikov said...

Until you find a church, you can use my random Bible quote generator :)
Random Bible quote

Kristi said...

Oh I love these pictures. It reminds me that it IS spring somewhere, even if we have snow on the ground here in NY.

And your traditions are very similar to mine. We too had the frilly dresses and bonnets, the egg hunt (two, actually. One Easter morning and then another in the afternoon at my grandma's house).

Have a wonderful birthday on Monday too!

Jodi said...

Your kids look so nice!
Stop over at my place for some Easter pictures!
J.

Elmwood said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
great pics and that adult easter egg hunt sounds so fun--we do one where we all grab an egg and you go around hitting your eggs together--one always cracks--whoever is left at the end with the uncracked egg gets "x" amount of money--whatever amount we decide on in the beginning--yesterday it was a $1 cuz' the kids wanted to play--lol

The Queen B said...

Your kids are just beautiful!

Our traditions have changed now that the family has grown, but we still get together and celebrate Easter!

eatmisery said...

Beautiful pictures!