Monday, April 02, 2007

The pursuit of tears

Hubby and I had a date of sorts Saturday. My mom came to our house and kept the babe for the afternoon and hubby and I went to the movies, Target, and the grocery store. It was nice to have time with hubby alone. We hardly ever get that. It was nice to go to the grocery store and Target and be able to just browse the aisles and not have to rush around because you know in a matter of minutes your fabulous child is going to morph into a screaming banshee that's screams could pierce the eardrums of the deaf. We went to the discount movie theatre and watched "The Pursuit of Happyness". Has anyone else seen that movie? It was great, but it was so sad. I swear the movie stressed me out! I was sobbing in a few parts. It ended very happy, but boy how he got there was just heartbreaking. Even hubby shed a few tears in a few parts. If you haven't seen it, rent it, it is worth watching. Let me know what you think if you do watch it, I am just curious.

The babe decided that naps are for whimps yesterday. He went to sleep 2 times only to wake up after about 5 minutes. I was so stressed. I am PMSing and it has been the mood swing roller coaster for me. I was so tired yesterday, I was cramping and ill and the babe would. not. go. to. sleep! Finally after being awake a little more than 12 hours I put him to bed for the night. That lasted about 5 hours and he was crying again. I put him in bed with hubby and I and he tossed and turned and kicked. I thought I would go insane, everytime I would get comfy and dose off, he would start moving again! Finally about 4 am I felt someone looking at me and I rolled over and he was staring at me. I took him and put him back in his bed in his room. He cried for a few minutes then went back to sleep. Then at 5:30 he was crying again! I have to get up at 6:15, so that was like the best part of my sleep. I put him back in bed with us and he went back to sleep, I wish I could have! I am so tired and ill today, I just wanna scream. Actually I just want to turn the fan on and lay my head down on my desk and take about a 2 hour nap. Do you think my boss would mind?

7 comments:

Katie Swaner said...

I'm so sorry. Those nights are the worst. We've had quite a few of them lately (teeth, I think) I hope it goes better for you tonight

The Queen B said...

Maybe you should nap under the desk...not as obvious and much more comfy!!

K. said...

I can't remember the last time I went to the store and leisurely browsed around. I know all too well about zooming around to get everything before your kid has a meltdown.

And as for the sleep, I can relate to that helpless, frustrated sleep-deprived fog you were certainly in. I sympathize.

eatmisery said...

Is the babe cutting teeth? Or is he on the verge of a milestone? I found that my kids would forgo sleeping when they were about to accomplish something.

I'm so sorry. I hope you all can get some rest tonight.

eatmisery said...

Is the babe cutting teeth? Or is he on the verge of a milestone? I found that my kids would forgo sleeping when they were about to accomplish something.

I'm so sorry. I hope you all can get some rest tonight.

Kristi said...

I loved The Pursuit of Happyness, and you're not the only one to cry! Such a great movie, and a true story too.

And the sleep problem sucks. Been there, sister. Ugh. I hope you get some zzzzs soon.

Elmwood said...

why is it that kids scream in stores? they just want everything? is that it? Sometims I really feel sorry for parents other times I want to tell their kids to shut the hell up already--lol
good thing I'm not a mom
Sorry you are back to the troubled sleeping ;(