Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Right place, right time

Our weekend was pretty good, no major catastrophies. We managed once again to escape the severe weather in our area on Saturday night. Saturday after we had gotten the kids all packed in the car and buckled up for our weekly run to the bank and then to get some lunch, my car wouldn't start. It has done this before in the past few months, and then it will start and so I don't worry about it. Hubby jumped it off and off we went. He was driving. We got to the bank and he turns the car off, not thinking that it might not start. Sure enough he comes out of the bank and nothing, just some clicking noises. Thankfully another couple was coming out of the bank, just as he opened the hood and asked us if we needed a jump. They gave us a jump and we were on our way. I have said many prayers of thanks that those people were there and were so willing to help us.

Today I went walking on my morning break, which I have not been doing lately. But the weather was nice today, so I put on my walking shoes and headed around the block. As I rounded the corner I saw a car broken down headed in the opposite direction and a small child, maybe 5 or 6 years old standing on the sidewalk. There was an older man trying to push her out of the street, but in order to do that traffice needed to be stopped because the car needed to be pushed to the other side of the street. So I walked into the street and put my hand up to stop the traffic and then I waved the cars that were behind her on through and then I helped the man push the car out of the street. All of the traffic stayed stopped and I crossed the street and took the child's hand, and he was reluctant at first, but then he went with me and I walked him across the street to his mom. She had already called her sister to come and get them. I am glad that I went on my walk today because I helped someone who really needed it. I was in the right place at the right time!

3 comments:

The Queen B said...

I love those moments when you know you just did something helpful...kuddos to you!

Nan said...

I find that helping others puts me in the best of moods and it seems to rub off on the people around me.

Curtis said...

They were blessed that someone like you...someone who would take a moment of their time and help. It does feel good doesn't it.