Monday, October 04, 2004

Baby disappointment

Well for about 3 months now my husband and I have not been using birth-control. We decided that if we were going to have children together we should probably get started. After many long talks we agreed that I would stope taking the pill and just see what happens. Well what happens is not always great. My periods are worse, my cramps are sometimes unbearable, and the mood swings... I won't even go there. Anyway, I did not start this weekend like I normally do, so Sunday afternoon I had gotten a little bit excited. I think that is a natural reaction to the thought of having a baby, from a planned pregnancy no less. So leaving the grovcery store I ask my hubby does he realize that we may be pregnant. His response was not the response that I was expecting. He looked at me and says that yes he had thought about it and frankly that it made him nauseated. Well okay, what is a correct response to that??? So I get this dumbfounded look on my face trying to choke back the tears as he goes on to explain that financially, blah, blah, blah, he hasn't had a child in 7 years, blah, blah, blah. HELLO! I have never had a child. I am just looking for a little excitement on his part. So we ride home in silence. He asks me later on after we get home what is wrong with me. What does he think is wrong with me? So I sulked for a while and then I went to the bathroom and guess what??? Yep, you guessed it we aren't having a baby. So I casually walk into the den and tell him that he can stop worrying, we aren't having a baby. Of course he did not think that was a very nice way to tell him. Needless to say it was a quiet night in my house. I went to bed feeling disappointed, because even though we aren't "trying" to get pregnant, I think it would be great to have a baby. Then there are other times when I think mother nature knows what she is doing and when and if the time is right it will happen. If it never does, I will be disappointed but I do enjoy the freedom that not having children has afforded us.

No comments: