Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Ramblings

It has been a while since my last post, Friday to be exact. Let me catch you up on my life. Saturday morning I had to go to a Cheer Expo with my (step) child! Whoopee, lots of little kids trying to do big girl cheers. It is just the way I like to start my Saturday! My hubby and I sat at the top of the bleachers and made comments about the other cheer leaders and coaches. Got to see his ex-wife, that is always a treat. I made sure I was looking my best too. Why do I do this, it is not like it matters. He is married to me now and she is remarried also. I guess I just want people to think that he really moved up in this world when he got me. Great for my ego!!!

After the Cheer Expo, we were off to the fair. My hubby's mom and sister met us there. We had a really good time. Got to see the Mid-State's finest citizens. There truly are some scary individuals roaming around places such as the fair. We ate lots of fried foods and my child likes to play all the games so we spent a small fortune on games. I also rode some rides. That is something that I have not done since highschool. I had to go into a few funhouses with my child and I rode 1 ride with her. Then we had tickets left over and my child was tired of riding so my sister-in-law rode 2 rides. We laughed until we cried. It was really fun. I think sometimes when we grow up we think that we should act a certain way and we forget that it is okay sometimes to just let our hair down and have fun. Well we got home after midnight from the fair and my hubby, child and I fell asleep on the sofa watching "The Wizard of Oz".

Sunday morning I realized that I am not as young as I used to be. I felt like a truck had hit me. Parts of my body ached that I did not remember were there. My poor feet felt like I had walked on hot coals. (Not that I know what that feels like, but you catch my drift.) After the child went home with her mom and hubby and I laid around and napped most of the day, we decided it was time to go to the store and get dog food and a few other things that we were out of. Fast forward through the shopping trip and drive home. Hubby decides to ruin the evening and pick a fight with me. Really I am sure that it was about nothing, just the double standards that so many of us have in our relationships. For example, it is not alright to plan things with my family, but we do everything with his family. Not that I want to do a lot with my family, but when I do, I really don't want to have to hear his bullshit. Don't get me wrong I love his family, but for goodness sake he could at least pretend that he likes my family. After a night of not speaking we are fine now.

Yesterday of course was a holiday, but I was at work. I worked very hard yesterday, barely took time to check my email. My hubby was off so he came and took me to lunch. It was nice to go to lunch with him. When I first started this job and he was working at a different place we went to lunch together almose every day. I miss that sometimes. Although most of the time now lunch is spent running errands or occasionally eating with my Grandmother, who lives at an assisted living facility down the street. I need to eat with her more often, but it just takes so much energy for me to go there. It makes me sad to see all those people there, most of them have had strokes or have alzheimers or some physical ailment. It makes me sad to think back to my childhood and the person that she was before she had a stroke. She was active for her age, she is 85, she was always going somewhere or doing something. She still lived in her house, by herself, but close to her children. It is just sad to get old, her mind is still as sharp as a tack, but her body is not. She is in a wheelchair and she can barely get around. Enough about my Grandmother, it is really depressing me.

Just to update you on my progess on taking myself off of the crazy pills. I am down to half a pill a night. I feel the same as I did when I was taking a whole pill. I am trying to get up in time in the mornings to go walking and do a little exercise before work, but so far, I have not succeeded. I did manage to touch my toes a few times this morning and do some stretches before my shower. I just know that if I could exercise I would feel better. But honestly I would rather sleep those 30 extra minutes in the mornings. Maybe I can convince hubby to get up with me in the morning and motivate me to exercise. That does count as exercise doesn't it??? Well enough for now, the boss is due back to the office any minute.

No comments: