Friday, March 04, 2005

Just keep swimming

Happy Friday! I have to tell you this quick story. Yesterday I was leaving work a little early, so I was just sort of killing time. My computer was acting crazy so I was rebooting it and waiting for it to come back to life and I decided that I would change my betta fish Toto's water. It was a yucky shade of green. I dipped him out and put him in a cup like I usually do when I clean his tank. I cleaned it and refilled it with water and put him back in his happy little home. I carried him back to my desk when all of a sudden the tank slipped out of my hands. It hit my desk at an angle and water and rocks went flying. Office assistant said it looked like a water fall. Well I quick picked up the container and rushed it to the sink to refill Toto's home with water. He wasn't moving. I thought I had killed him. I left his container in the sink while I ran back to my desk to try and salvage the files and paperwork that were scattered on my desk. What a mess, water and rocks everywhere. The carpet in front of my desk was soaked as was everything on my desk. I blotted up all the water that I could and laid all my paperwork out flat to dry. I went back to check on my fish and he was moving. He survived but I think it scared him really badly. Anyway now he won't eat, so I fear the end may be near for him. My office assistant is still laughing about the whole thing..She said she has never seen anything like that in all of her life.

On a completely different note here is a little Q & A for your reaading pleasure. Feel free to steal this list. I stole it from Judy at Life as a Knockoff Bag!

1. First name? Samantha
2. Were you named after anyone? Yes, A little girl n a commercial. My dad liked her name.
3. Do you wish on stars? Sometimes I wish Matthew McConahey would come and visit me. Oh wait that wasn't what you meant.
4. When did you last cry? I honestly don't remember. Maybe it is time for a good cry.
5. Do you like your handwriting? Not usually.
6. What is your favorite lunch meat? Smoked turkey, you didn't know that turkey smoked did you?
7. What is your birth date? April 9, 1976
8. How many pairs of shoes do you own? At least 55 pair, is that too many?
9. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Duh! Yeah, everyone wants to be my friend.
10. What is the color of the handtowel in your bathroom? Sage green, plain
11. Would you ever get plastic surgery? I have seriously thought about Liposuction, but it just looks too painful.
12. What are you good at that not many people know about? Cooking
13. Shamrock shakes - do you think they'd be good all year round? I didn't know shamrocks made a shake.
14. What is your favorite number? Today it is 6.
15. Your favorite word? actually
16. What is the last place you went to in your car? To work
17. Why are you doing this? Thought it might be fun.
18. Do you have a journal? Other than this one, no.
19. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Does a bear shit in the woods? You tell me.
20. Do you think leg warmers should make a comeback? Only if you are tredging through the snow.
21. Does your car have a name - what is it? No, but it should.
22. What are your nicknames? Sam, Sam-bo, Bo-bo, Mosey, Bo, Sammy, Sammy-poo, Sweetpea, Babygirl, Baby, that's all I can think of at the moment, there may be more.
23. Would you bungee jump? Why not, you only live once, and if your cord breaks that could end it all.
24. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No, I also don't untie them before I put them on.
25. Favorite Movie? My favorite movie of all time is, drumroll please, "The Wizard of Oz."
26. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Breyer's Peach
27. What is your least favorite ice cream flavor? chocolate, yuk!
28. Shoe Size? 8 1/2 or 9
29. Red or pink? Red
30. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? My pudgy tummy
31. Who do you miss most? My dad
33. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Jeans with black slip-ins.
34. What are you listening to right now? the radio, but I don't know the name of the song or who sings it.
35. Last thing you ate? A salad with my supper last night.
36. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? golden yellow
37. What is the weather like right now? Chilly, but the sun is shining!
38. Last person you talked to on the phone? My co-worker
39. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Eyes, teeth
40. The first thing you notice about the same sex? Shoes and purse
41. Favorite alcohol drink: Sex on the beach
42. Favorite regular drink? Sweet iced tea with lemon.
43. Favorite Sport to play? Me play sports, you must be joking.
44. Hair Color? Medium brown
45. Eye Color? Hazel
46. Do you wear contacts? no I wear glasses.
48. Favorite Food? Mexican
49. Last Movie You Watched? Finding Nemo
50. Favorite Day Of The Year? April 9
51. Scary Movies Or Happy Endings? Happy endings, especially if they make me cry.
52. Summer Or Winter? Honestly fall and spring. Too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter.
53. Hugs OR Kisses? Hugs, I am a hugger.
55. What Is Your Favorite Dessert? Blondie from Applebee's with Vanilla ice cream.
58. Living Arrangements? House with my hubby and our 3 dogs and child.
59. Graduate when? From high school, 1994.
62. What Did You Watch Last night on TV? Joey, Antiques Roadshow
63. Favorite Smells? The beach. my hubby, fresh cut grass, babies
64. What time do you go to bed? I try to stay awake until 11 during the week, but I don't usually make it.
65. If you had a pet chinchilla, what would its name be? Chilly-willy the baby chinchilla
66. What's the furthest you've been from home? Nassau, Bahamas, that's far isn't it?
67. Do you have a special talent? I don't think I have found it yet.
68. What is your ringtone? Think about it, my name is Samantha, so my ringtone is Bewitched..

5 comments:

C. said...

Hmm...I've never thought about it before, but the first thing I notice about the same sex is their shoes & bags too. Funny how us women are always tuned into fashion huh? Fun little survey :)

Just Me said...

Love the story about the fish. I'll be back for more..

The Narcissist said...

funny funny story...and now I am officially stuck with peter cottontail in my head. I caught up on your posts below, walked away from my desk and found myself whistling the tune. Um thanks.

Have a great weekend.

-rebecca

ellen said...

Oh geez, I didn't find your story funny at all; all I could think was poor fishy, I hope he's okay. I liked your questionnaire and might lift it from you at a later date - it had more interesting questions than those things usually do.

Webmiztris said...

awww, poor beta! he's probably just in a state of shock.