Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Hello...Can I help you?

It has been a crazy day here at the office. It seems my phone has been ringing all day long. I have been so busy. It has really made me tired now! Anywho, I haven't been sleeping well at night. I have been dreaming the wierdest things. The dreams seem so real that I feel like I am actually there and then I wake up all unrested because I was so active in my dream. Does that make sense? Good, I am glad that you get me.

My mom's birthday was Saturday. She quit smoking on her birthday 4 years ago so we celebrate that milestone as well as her birth. We aren't having her party for a few weeks so I surprised her Saturday. She had to work so I got my family (husband and child) up and ready and we purchased a small cake and some balloons and a couple of gifts and went to her work and surprised her. She did not even tell her co-worker that it was her birthday. She was so surprised. She cried. I love my mom.

I love to do special thoughtful things for people. I especially love to send cards. I should own stock in Hallmark or one of those greeting card companies. I have a challenge for you: send a card to someone that you are thinking about for no reason. Not an e-card a real paper card with an envelope and all. Just watch the response that you get. It will make you feel good to know that you have brightened someone's day. Let me know what happens.

3 comments:

Janet said...

I got a comment like that after writing a post about how I loved Fresh Ink cards. It was something I just wrote about, but the gesture was unexpected and special regardless.

The Narcissist said...

that's a good idea...going to send a card right now :)
-Rebecca

Elmwood said...

I agree I think the damn internet has made us lose all "sentimental contacts",,,,,cards for no reason what a great idea!!!
Sunshine-you're SO nice!!!