Thursday, April 07, 2005

Happy Birthday to me...

My birthday is on Saturday! I will be 29. One year closer to 30. So far I have had 2 parties (and cakes) in my honor and we are having another one today at lunch at work. It is always nice to be honored and celebrated. Although it does make me feel a bit stupid to be the center of everyone singing off key Happy Birthday to me! Birthday parties are always fun, right?. Some part of me has always dreaded my birthday. I nearly have an anxiety attack thinking about being that center of attention. I hate for everyone to be watching me opening my gifts. I have never liked being the center of attention in a crowd. I have always vowed to kill anyone that told the waitress at a restaurant that it was my birthday. How horrible to have the whole freakin' restaurant looking at you singing to you! The thought of that just makes me want to crawl under the table and hide. Yeah, yeah I know I should lighten up and be happy that all those people are singing to me. (rolling my eyes) Deep down I don't know why I dread birthdays so much. I love getting gifts and being pampered, that is what birthdays are all about right? Anyway think about me on Saturday because that will be my birthday.

4 comments:

Elmwood said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNSHINE!!!!

I KNOW how yo feel --I turn 28 this year...ugh!!! :)~

C. said...

Happy Early Birthday Sunshine!!!

29 years young :)

Webmiztris said...

happy birthday!!

can you believe you're 29?

I can't believe I am! I feel 22!

next year it will be time to start lying about my age... oh joy! ;)

Janet said...

Not that you'll be checking your blog today since it IS Saturday but happy birthday! I'll be 28 this year. Where has the time gone?:(