Thursday, April 28, 2005

How Now Brown Cow

I went to my second Doctor's appointment yesterday. My hubby went with me. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat. It was awesome. I have gained more weight than I should, but I told them that I did not think that was accurate because I had just eaten a HUGE lunch. You know it was Administrative Professionals Day and my boss took me to lunch. Anyway now I feel like a cow. It's not like I am eating food that is bad for me all the time. I have increased my dairy intake (for calcium) and fruits and veggies, just like all the books tell you to do. I have started eating a decent breakfast. I guess I need to stop resting so much and get out and get some exercise. I also found out that I have A+ blood. Even my blood is an overachiever, that was what I was thinking when the doctor told me my blood type. I am also 12 weeks today, which means I have reached the end of the first trimester. The risks for birth defects and miscarriage are greatly reduced now. The doctor said that everything looked fine and the heartbeat sounded great, so I will go back in 4 weeks for another check-up.

5 comments:

C. said...

I'm glad things are going well with the baby; that's awesome! When my sister was pregnant I got to go with her to all those appointments...it was such an exciting time! When are you due?

sunShine said...

I am due November 11.

Janet said...

Being pregnant is like the one time in your life you can be overweight and NOT feel guilty about it. I say eat those big lunches. You're eating for two now!:)

ellen said...

Those doctors ALWAYS tell pregnant women that they're "gaining too much weight." Stuff em; as long as you're strong and eating healthy, to heck with what the scale says.

Elmwood said...

Glad to hear all is well Sunshine and I go with all the others on the weight thing--being pregnant IS the time to eat for two and then some if you want..YOU are housing a baby you do whatever you want with your body and ENJOY IT!! :)