Monday, April 11, 2005

Weekend Wanderings

I had a good birthday weekend! I got lots of sleep on Friday night and Saturday, which was wonderful. Hubby and I went to the movies with his family on Saturday night and went out to eat. We went to see "Hitch". Have you seen it? It was so funny! We had a great time.

Then on Sunday we worked in the yard. Of course I did not do much. I planted a few seeds and bulbs and pruned the rose bushes. All that yard work that I didn't do has my back hurting this morning. It was worth it, our yard looks so beautiful right now. All the azaleas and dogwoods are blooming. We also have some purple wisteria mixed in the trees that is in full bloom. Now that the grass is cut and the gutters are cleaned it looks great.

We also did something else this weekend. My hubby and I switched sides of the bed. I have slept on the same side of the bed forever. I mean really since I have shared a bed with someone else I have slept on the same side of the bed. We have read that while you are pregnant, especially in the latter months it is better for you and the baby for you to sleep on your left side. Well I want to do everything that I can to keep my little fetus happy so I am trying to learn to sleep on my left side. I wake up during the night and I am on my right side again, of course. So I have to roll over and try to get comfy on my left side. So far it hasn't been too bad being on the opposite side of the bed. The only thing that worries me about being on this side of the bed is that it is closest to the door, which means if someone were to come in during the night they would get me first. We all hope that won't happen, but wouldn't it make you feel better to have your hubby sleeping closest to the door, just in case.

3 comments:

ellen said...

Happy belated birthday. What is the rationale for sleeping on your left side? Never heard that one before.

Webmiztris said...

I sleep closest to the door in our bedroom! that's why I keep a set of dumbbells by the bed. just in case, ya know? lol!!

Elmwood said...

Isn't the first part of spring planting so nice and calming!!!!