Tuesday, April 19, 2005

My date with Lance Armstrong

So I have a date with Lance Armstrong this afternoon. Is there anything that you would like for me to tell him for you? Okay so I don't actually have a date with him, but he will be racing right by my office this afternoon. Today is the beginning of the 3rd Tour de Georgia. This is the second year that Lance has graced us with his presence. What a way to get support for your little bike race, have Lance race in it. The racers will speed into town this afternoon sometime around 3 or 4 and the entire downtown area will shutdown until the last racer has passed. It usually takes about 12 minutes or so. That means that I will get an extra 12 minutes outside today (away from my desk) to cheer on the cyclists. Whoo Hoo!!! Yes I am excited, it is a very fun thing to watch those men in those little tight biking outfits go whizzing by. Last year someone had a whole in the rear of his pants. It was extremely funny, well I am sure that it was not funny to him, but to those who delight in others misfortunes it was very funny! Anyway I will scream extra loud for those of you who can't join me at this historic event! Hope you have a fabulous Tuesday.

4 comments:

Elmwood said...

that is SO cool sunshine..hope you get a good look and maybe a few pics out of it--these are things you will tell your child about ;)

ellen said...

I have a vision of Lance cycling through a crowd with their yellow-banded wrists raised in silent tribute.....

He is an inspiration.

Webmiztris said...

LMAO about the holy shorts!!!

Anonymous said...

Good thing there aren't any good ol boys out there on those bicycles...wouldn't be any rips...there would be plumber's cracks. I feel a draft, I'm outta here.