Monday, January 15, 2007

Happy MLK Day

Today is a holiday for many Americans, but not for me. No sirree, here I sit at my desk, staring over at the empty post office parking lot, wishing today was a holiday for me too. Not much going on here, the babe has been sick and now the Hubby is sick. The have snotty noses and a cough. I hope I don't get it.

The babe is now walking all over the place. He runs when he gets excited. He doesn't really fall that much either. He is such a sweet little person. He will come over while he is playing and give me or his dad a kiss. He will give the dog kisses. He still tries to eat dog food, bless his heart, could my cooking be that bad that he would rather have dog food? Yesterday he would go over to the dog bowl and get a piece of food in each hand and take it over to the sliding glass doors and try to feed it to the outside dogs. He is such a little person and not so much a baby anymore.

We went to the movies Friday night and we went to the late movie after his bath thinking that he would go to sleep during the movie. I don't know what I was thinking! He stayed awake during the WHOLE 2 hour movie. He wasn't bad though, he ate his Nilla Wafers and drank his milk and watched the movie. He didn't even go to sleep until after we got home and I read his bedtime stories and put him to bed.

I took some video and pictures of him Saturday night walking around dragging his blankie. He is never far from his blankie and he makes sure that he takes it everywhere he goes! He looks like Linus walking around dragging blankie. He is also teething like crazy. He has gotten 3 of his 1 year molars we are waiting on one of the bottom ones to come in. He also has gotten another tooth on the bottom. I wasn't even expecting it yet. He has 12 teeth now! He brushes them every night after his bath. He takes his toothbrush and bites it and swipes at his teeth with it. It is so cute to watch him, he is so serious about it. He stares at himself in the mirror and then he breaks out into the biggest smile. Motherhood, still wonderful after 14 months!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy MLK Day! Sorry you're not off today. Your baby sounds so cute.
Have a good week.
J.

Cylithria Dubois said...

Happy MLK day to you too Hun. Isn't it the sweetest agony to watch yor baby grow to a man...... nothing like it in the world.........he sounds beautiful hun!

Anonymous said...

We're in the middle of a cold here too. Not fun especially since this is her first illness since she's been born..I've been to spoiled!

Elmwood said...

I'm wasn;t off either, but had no school....you have to get a pic of him brushing his teeth--too cute!

Kristi said...

Aww... this was such a sweet post. I hope he feels better soon. Poor baby.

Anonymous said...

we weren't off for the day wither but the parade was held right outside my office so we watched it during smoke breaks.

hope you all are feeling better now!