Monday, January 08, 2007

We did it

We did it yesterday. After months of preparing ourselves we finally went back to church. You see it wasn't so much church that I had to prepare myself for, it was leaving the babe with strangers in the nursery. I decided Saturday that unless we had some really good reason Sunday morning we would get up and go to the 8:30 service at a nearby church. We did and we left the babe at the nursery with strangers. He didn't cry until he turned around and realized that we were gone, I could still see him, but the lady assured me that he would be fine in a few minutes, so we went on to the sanctuary, in tears. I only cried for a minute, but I had a sick feeling in my tummy the whole time. It was really hard to pay attention to the preacher because I was counting down the minutes until I could run over to the nursery and get my sweet little angel. Hopefully next Sunday will be better and I will be able to pay attention. It felt good to be back in church, I sure have missed it. When we went back to get him, he was sitting in the floor on a mat reading a book. They had Barney playing on a nearby TV. There were 2 other little girls in the nursery and he seemed happy. He really did not want to leave, he just kept sitting there reading his book and showing me the horsey near where he was sitting. I think he enjoyed it, after he got over us leaving him. He really needs to be around some kids his own age. I still can't believe that we did it, but I am glad that we did. I realized after we got home that I did not even take a picture of him in his Sunday clothes, oh well, maybe next time I will remember.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

That's cute. I'm sure he missed you the entire time, but he did a great job of pretending he didn't so you wouldn't worry about him too much. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we did it too a few weeks ago, it was hard but I now have a "get out of nursery free card"....Camille hasn't gotten the flu shot so my doctor says no nursery until she gets it!!

Cylithria Dubois said...

awwwwwwww sweetie this sounds Great!! Good for you all! I didn't get a chance after coming home to give you my new Why Not Right? Blog Url. I moved it from blogger. the new url is http://whynotright.wordpress.com

I still have you on my blogroll and since it is National Delurking Week and I am getting back into the swing of things with my blog buddies, I had to swing by! Wishing you and yours the very best for 2007 lady :)

Cyli

K. said...

That's funny, this past Sunday was the first time I let my kiddo go to the back for Children's Church Hour. I was a wreck -- he did fine!

Elmwood said...

how precious....see you are both growing up ;)