Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Problem solved

Well I found out what that stinking fungus is in my yard, it is Stinky Squid (Pseudocolus fusiformis). It grows in mulch and in rotting and decaying trees and stuff. I think it is trying to help rid us of the Dogwood Tree that was killed in a storm a few years ago. It is harmless, except for the stinch, which it uses to attract flies to help spread its spores. I don't know about you, but I feel better now!

I rearranged my office in celebration of the new year. I just love it. I wish I would have taken before and after pictures so that you all could see the changes. It is so much brighter and open now. I also have a more condusive work space, you know for all the times that I have to actually do my job while I am at the office. All joking aside, it should actually make me more productive, everything is within my reach now. On the subject of work, my boss came back last Friday. WHOO HOO! I am so happy that he is back, if I could do summersaults I would. He is only able to come back for a few hours at a time, but that few hours has been wonderful. This place has a whole new attitude. I hope this is a better year at work than last year, so far it has been.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The office rearrangement sounds good. It's always good to move things around, clean things out. I have been doing the same in my classroom.

Glad the fungus wasn't something deadly.

J.

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that things are looking brighter for you in the new year.

K. said...

LOL, I'm glad you figured out what it was!

Anonymous said...

Now that's unique...never, ever heard of Stinky Squid!