Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday Blahs

The weekend was really good, just too darn short. I did not want to get up this morning and I certainly did not want to come to work. It has been raining since yesterday afternoon and it is just yucky here. I got soaked trying to get the car loaded this morning and get me and the babe out the door so I could come to work, and I don't even really want to be here today.

I had a good weekend. We had so much fun on date night. We dropped the babe off to my MIL and several of hubby's aunts and sister at Target at about 3, then we were off for our date. We went to the movies to see The Good Sherpherd. It was good, but LLLLOOOOONNNNGGG! We did not know how long it was, so that put us a little behind on our plans, but that was okay. After the movie we headed to this little restaurant in a little town about 20 minutes from our house in another town. We were all dressed up for our date and very excited about this restaurant. We had read a review in our local paper for it and it sounded wonderful. Well we finally found it and let's just say we kept on driving. We would have been WWWAAAYYYY overdressed and there were only about 10 people there anyway, so we really would have stood out. So we headed over to the Adult Store that is also in that town and bought a few new toys, then we headed back to the Red Lobster. I have a weakness for the RL. It was so good, we had such a good time. We had to wait on a table so we sat outside in the cold and snuggled on one of their benches and watched the other patrons as they came and went and just talked. It was great to just spend time with my husband without the interruptions and stresses of our everyday life. After dinner we headed home and waited for the babe to return. He was asleep when they got there, so I just kissed him goodnight and tucked him in the bed. Hubby and I were both too full and tired to even play with our new toys so we went on to bed too.

Sunday we went shopping for our daughter's birthday. We went to Toys'R'Us. The babe had such a good time. He played with everything. We went down the stuffed animal aisle and he hugged every animal and then he found this Elmo thing and just stood there playing with it for the longest time. Then we let him pick out a new book and of course he picked out an Elmo book. Then he wanted M&M's, which he didn't get. He did however get to ride the little BigBird airplane thing. It was the first time that he had ever ridden one of those little things and he liked it, it was so cute. We also went to eat and he was so adorable. We put a plate in front of him and put some little pieces of turkey and sliced pork and french fries and macaroni and cheese on it and he ate it up. We also got him a Sprite to drink and he loved it. He was such a big boy, feeding himself. He is growing up so fast. He has a mouth full of teeth and it seems like everyday there is another new tooth! He also laid on the sofa with me yesterday morning and watched a movie and took a long nap with me, it was wonderful. I love to snuggle with him. I also turned his carseat around so he is forward facing now. I think he likes it, now he can see where we are going! One bad thing is that he can also see me if I am eating or drinking and then he wants some and it is impossible for me to feed him while I am driving. Maybe that will help me to not eat and drink and drive.

This week is going to be busy getting ready for the birthday party this weekend, but I am sure that it will be well worth it. I hope when my kids are grown that they remember how special that we tried to make their birthday parties.

No comments: