Tuesday, January 02, 2007

There is a fungus among us!



I have a fungus of some sort growing in my yard. When I went outside yesterday morning to get the paper there was a strange odor, it smelled like rotten garbage near the end of our driveway. When I looked across the yard I saw a strange orange growth, several of them actually. Some were big and some were small and some were just barely peeking out of the ground. The look like the texture of the inside of a pumpkin. They were covered in bugs, feasting on their rottenness. Anyway I ran inside and got Hubby to come and see the alien formations out on the lawn. He wasn't the least bit concerned. He said it was probably just some sort of mushroom from all of the rain that we have had lately. I have not had a chance to research them yet, but as soon as I figure out what they are I will let you know.

We had a wonderful New Years Eve and Day. I spent Sunday cleaning and taking down Christmas decorations and Monday I spent enjoying my hubby and the babe. It finally stopped raining Sunday and the sun came out and we went on a walk. It was wonderful. I really wasn't ready to come back to work today. Oh well, that's the way life goes. Anyway here are some pics for your viewing pleasure, some of the growth in my yard and a few of the babe.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

awww... he looks like he loves his wagon. And that fungus is nasty. How weird!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I'll have to keep tat one in mind.

Glad to hear your Christmas was a merry one!

Anonymous said...

Cute baby.
Strange mushroom.
J.

eatmisery said...

It's been a strange winter, weather-wise. I don't know what that stuff is in your yard, but I probably wouldn't eat it. Heh...