Friday, January 19, 2007

Slacker, who me?

Yes I admit, I have been a slacker. I have been so busy I have been neglecting my blog and my blog friends. I am trying to get caught up with everyone, really I am. Things at work have been crazy. I now have even more job responsibilities for the same pay. Fun, Fun! I am glad that I like what I do and where I work or I could be really bitter about it all, instead I am just really busy now, busier than I should be. I don't think I will ever get caught up. Job security as we like to call it, I have plenty of it!

Hubby and I are having date night tomorrow night. I am excited. We are going out to eat at this steakhouse in a neighboring town and I think we are going to the movies, although I was somewhat disappointed by our choices. I am just excited about having some grown up time with my hubby. I miss him, it seems like we hardly ever spend any time together.

We have been running around this week trying to get things together for my daughter's birthday party. We are having her party next Saturday. Her birthday is Tuesday, she will be 10! She wants a Hollywood themed birthday. When she first told us that I went into panic mode thinking we would never be able to find decorations to go with a Hollywood theme, but then we went to our party supply store and hit a gold mine. We found so much stuff to go with her theme. I am so excited. We are all going to dress in red carpet attire and make it a grand affair. I will be announcing everyone as they arrive. We are going to hand out awards. It is going to be so much fun. She has no idea about any of the decorations that we found or that we will all be dressing in our formal wear. We are letting all of that be a surprise to her. If you have any other ideas for the party, let me know.

5 comments:

heels said...

Fake "cocktails"? Though, I don't know how close that is to promoting drinking...

It sounds like it will be a lot of fun. In fact, can I come? I love an excuse to dress up!

Anonymous said...

I know you didn't ask for advice on your date with your husband, but I would suggest not going to a movie. Since you mentioned that you never get to spend any time together, sitting in a darkened theater staring silently at a screen hardly seems a quality change from an evening at home with a DVD. Why not go bowling, play pool or even ice skating? All involve interacting together and would be much more fun and memorable. Just an idea.

The party sounds like a blast! I can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Kristi said...

Such a great idea for the party! Here's an idea: if there are going to be a handful of adults there, you could buy disposable cameras, and have them act as "paparazzi" for the guests as they arrive on the red carpet. Have the adults take the kids' pictures, and then maybe when you have them developed, get a second set and have her include each guest's picture in her thank you note for her presents.

eatmisery said...

How was your date? Hee, hee!

Anonymous said...

i really like that idea of the paparazzi parents...

hope the party goes great, can't wait to see the pics