Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Giving Thanks

I just had to post again today because I am off the rest of the week so I will not be posting again until Monday. I did not want my last post before Thanksgiving to be about all my missing jewelry. I wanted it to be something upbeat and positive. So here goes.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. The celebration in my family is much like Christmas minus the presents. We have lots to eat and we normally put a smile on and tolerate each other long enough to get through the meal. The women usually wind up sitting together talking and laughing while the men sit on the sofa and watch football and sleep. My family has moved our celebration to Sunday to accomodate everyone's schedule. That works better for me anyway because we spend Thanksgiving day with hubby's family at his great Aunt's house about an hour away. Then my family lives an hour away in the other direction so it would just be too much to be traveling and eating all day, so this way I get to enjoy both families and not have to feel rushed. I plan on meeting up with my oldest sister early on Friday morning to shop. It is a tradition, we must shop the day after Thanksgiving. There is just something about getting up before the sunrise and fighting huge crowds of people to get the best deal on the things that you are buying. In our past shopping trips I have bought more for me than anyone else. This year I will just be going for the fun of it. Who knows maybe I can get some new jewelry.

I do have a lot of reasons to give thanks:
Good health
My husband and family
Great job
Wonderful friends
A sunny disposition
My animals
My fellow bloggers

I know these were kind of general things but if I started listed individual things I would be here all day and I do need to try to get a little bit of work done while I am here. Have a Happy and Safe holiday weekend and I look forward to reading you all on Monday.

No comments: