Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Thanksgiving weekend

I'm back finally. It was wonderful having a four day weekend. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I know I did. It was wonderful. The Friday shopping was great. I got to spend half the day shopping with my oldest sister and her kids. We had an awesome time. Although I really did not buy much stuff. I did get a new Santa christmas watch and a fabulous pair of brown boots, which I really needed. You can never have too many pairs of shoes.

I did take a trip over the holiday weekend. We had Thanksgiving at my moms on Sunday. Most of my immediate family was there. We arrived a few minutes late as usual and my family had already started eating. So my hubby and I went in and loaded our plates with ham, turkey, dressing, etc. On my way out the door to the screened in porch where we always eat. My foot slipped out from under me and I flew down the steps. I landed on my knees and then on down on my hands. My plate and cup landed straight up and I managed to only spill a little bit of my drink. Am I graceful or what? After everyone was sure that I was okay and I stopped crying we all laughed so hard. It was really funny! I wish I had a video of it, I could probably win money. When I got home and took my shoe off and tried to stand barefoot my foot was hurting so bad that I started crying. Of course if I am crying I must be in pain, so hubby is ready to rush me to the ER. I convinced him and myself that it was not broken I just needed to get off of it and prop it up. Well that helped some, but it still hurts, less today. I still can't wear any of my cute shoes and I am dying to wear my new boots, but my foot won't let me.

Other Thanksgiving happenings. I think my sister is on meth. She is bone thin, yet she says that she eats. She is borrowing 5 and 10 dollars from everyone, except me. I think she knows that would be a mistake. She is not acting like her old self. I see an intervention and rehab for Christmas.

My mom had foot surgery yesterday and I went to the hospital with her. It was supposed to be outpatient, but they kept her. I think it is a good thing that they did. She had a bunion removed and a screw put in to straighten her toe. The physical therapist had her get out of bed for the first time since her surgery. She was in major pain. She cried. It breaks my heart to think of my mom in pain. She is such a strong woman. She will get to go home today. I am worried about her, but I think as long as she has pain medicine she will be fine.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Pain is the body's way of reminding you of your limits... and unpleasant proof that you are alive and able to feel pain.

Pain hurts, but it makes us stronger in the end.

Good luck to her and to you.