Friday, November 12, 2004

One Holiday at a time please....

I am sitting at my desk this morning watching the rain pour from the sky when what do I hear coming from my radio? Yes, you guessed it, CHRISTMAS MUSIC! For the love of GOD can we please get through Thanksgiving before we are bombarded with Christmas. It is stressful enough to think about how close it is but to be reminded in every other song is yet another story. Can we please enjoy the Thanksgiving season for just a little bit before we are rushed on to Christmas? People have plenty to be thankful for maybe they just need to slow down and enjoy one holiday at a time. Don't get me wrong I love Christmas, but I start the Christmas season after Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

I remember as a kid that Christmas really didn't start until two weeks after Thanksgiving. My Dad and I would setup the tree (real or otherwise) in the living room with Circus of the Stars playing in the background...

I guess I'm saying that, for me, Thanksgiving doesn't start the holiday season; Scott Baio in a spandex unitard does.