Monday, November 22, 2004

Happy Anniversary

One year ago today I married my husband. It was such a nice, small quaint ceremony. We got married on the Tennessee River on a dinner cruise. The fall nip was definately in the air, but I was warm and glowing.

We boarded the boat with my husband's child, his mom and sister and my best friend and her husband. We were whisked away to a bar area where my husband was pinned with his boutioneer and I was given my bouquet of flowers. We were all set to be married. The butterflies in my stomach were unreal. Was this all a dream? Was I really marrying this man that I had been in love with for four years? This was crazy, it could not be happening. As we climbed the stairs to the top of the boat I knew I was not dreaming. I knew I wasn't dreaming because the shoes I had on were killing my feet. That is the price we pay for beauty.

We arrived at the top and the minister greeted us there and made sure that he had our names right and he started the cermony with prayer. That is really all I remember, not long after that I started crying and I could not stop. Someone opened up the flood gates and I could not close them. I cried because I was happy I was marrying this wonderful man that I had already shared 4 years of my life with. I cried because I was marrying this family and this child. I cried because my family was not there. I cried for everything good and everything bad in my life. But mostly because I was happy. I was finally getting married again! My husband even got teary eyed. Of course my best friend was crying. Through all the ups and downs of our relationship she had been my shoulder to cry on and my reality check. I finally stopped crying and we kssed to seal our vows. Then it was picture time, after lots and I do mean lots of pictures we headed back down to the dining room. It was beautifully decorated in reds and greens for the upcoming Christmas season. After dinner we headed back upstairs and danced a little bit and let my step child do what she does best, entertain us. She danced and danced. She looked like an angel with her headband of flowers and ribbons and her satin and tulle dress. It was truly a wonderful night, hard to believe that it has been a year. Happy Anniversary to me.

1 comment:

sunShine said...

Thank you!