Monday, May 02, 2005

Sword swallowers and court jesters

Welcome to Monday. I am tired, my tummy hurts, and I really feel like whining. Although I won't whine too much. I did have a great lunch today with my best friend. Thanks Well-Fed Pheonix for lunch and wonderful company. So far that has been the best part of my day. It has all been down hill from there, but what do you expect it is Monday.

My weekend was alright. On Saturday me, hubby, child, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law all loaded up in the car to head towards Atlanta to the Renaissance Festival. It rained all the way there! Not just sprinkles of rain, but torrents of rain. Big lightning and thunder accompanied the rain. It was a mess. So we finally got to our destination and it did stop raining. The Renaissance Festival is held outside, of course. So it was a huge mud pit of people dressed in all the fancy Medieval attire. It was not very crowded, which was nice. We really did have a good time. I will spare you the details of all the side shows and the sword swallower. I nearly threw up while we watched the sword swallower, my stomach is much weaker than it was before I got pregnant. This court jester took a liking to my mother-in-law and everytime we saw him he called out to her from where ever he was at and came over and talked to her. It was hilaroius! You would have to know my mother-in-law, all prim and proper, being flirted with by this man in tights and a costume. We always have such a good time. This is the third year that we have gone and we aren't all into Renaissance stuff or anything like that, it is just something different to do.

We walked for miles and miles Saturday, so Sunday I laid my big pregnant ass on the sofa and slept on and off most of the day. I just really vegged out yesterday. I did not even bother to take a shower. I did however manage to paint my nails. They so badly needed it. Even after all the resting yesterday I am still tired today. I need some energy!

1 comment:

The Narcissist said...

Those babies sure know how to suck it out of you don't they?