Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Breathless moments

Do things like this only happen to me?

I had to call tech support for our software system this morning. As I am sitting on the phone waiting for this guy to fix our problem, which by the way took like 20 minutes or so, he is breathing into the phone. I thought I was in a wind tunnell or something. It was so annoying. Could he not hear himself in the phone? Has he never heard of taking his mouth away from the phone when he is just breathing? I just wanted to scream. If his breathing was sexy, maybe I would not have minded so much, but it was just like holding the phone in front of a fan on high. Do they not teach phone ettiquette in tech support classes?

3 comments:

The Narcissist said...

That's bad. I had to sit in a meeting this morning next to the new guy who took loud slurps of his coffee every three seconds. Slurp, put the cup down, bring right back to mouth, slurp - rinse, repeat for the duration of the meeting. Talk about wanting to pull out yuor hair. Eek.

Webmiztris said...

ewww! I hate people who do that shit!!

Anonymous said...

was just surfing some blogs when i came up on yours.. i enjoy reading ur posts and like ur writing style.. its interesting..
at that, i remember i was on the fone with a service operator once and was stuck with the same experience as u have had, but for 1/2 an hr!! after 10 mins i got too frustrated and just left him on speaker.. because it was just plain annoying.. so in the end, the ppl ard me, just had to suffer along with me.. one asked me if he was having an asthma attack!