Thursday, May 12, 2005

Driving a car

Am I the only one left still driving a car in a SUV world? I am the only person at work who still drives a car. When we go to my child's school or ball games ours is the only car there usually. Most people either have a SUV or a mini-van. I really don't want a SUV or mini-van. I have always swore that I would never be that mom. You know that mom that drives her kids and everyone else's everywhere in the mini-van. You know your typical soccer mom. If you are that mom I apologize to you up front. A mini-van has never been a dream car for me. I know they are practical when you have a basketball team of children, but we all know that I am not a practical person. I am about somethings, but not about a freakin' van. Now there are some SUV's that I would not mind owning, if someone gave them to me. You see the thing is my car is paid for and I love my car. We have been through 2 marriages, a divorce, 6 neices, so much together. My car is a great car, we have many miles left to travel together! One of the downsides to having a car now is that you can't see around the larger than life SUV or van in front of you in traffic. I think they should have a special lane on the freeway for cars and only cars. No SUVs or vans allowed. Another thing about a SUV or van is the gas mileage. With gas more than 2 bucks a gallon who can afford to drive them? Well I know there are people who get paid more than peanuts, but still, you have to admit that 8 mpg is not a good thing! I feel like I am becoming one of a dying breed, a car driver.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I might be the only 37 year old mom on the planet driving a litle red convertible. But my son has an XTerra that he lets me drive if I put gas in it. LMAO I took the dog to the Sonic in it last night just so I could say I drove it. However, it has an offroad package so it doesn't look very soccer mom.