Friday, May 13, 2005

Taking some time off

I have decided to take part of the day off today. No I am not sick or anything, I just have some things to do. Oh and no one else knows that I am taking this time off. You see, I am here at work. As a matter of fact I am even at my desk. I was running late this morning so I did not have time to put on my face. I also had to leave my house a little early this morning to run by Burger King and get a croissant-wich, I was really craving one today. So after I got here I remembered that I had bills to pay (today is payday for me!), so I wrote out checks for them and got them ready to be mailed. Then I decided I might as well put my face on. When I was looking in the mirror, I realized that I really needed to pluck my stray brows. So I got out my trusty tweezers and plucked away. Then I put my face on. I think I am going to paint my finger nails next. I don't usually do things like thia at work, unless I am at lunch or something, but you see with my office assistant leaving next week and me having to train the new person, things are guaranteed to be chaotic for a few weeks until the new person catches on. Oh yeah and I basically worked yesterday by myself, my office assistant was off and my boss left early, and I had all my regular job duties as well as hers and I interviewed 6 people. So I think I deserve a break today. I am sure that I will get to work soon, as soon as my nails are dry. I wish I had the day off today. My hubby is off at field day with his child and my best friend (Well Fed Pheonix) is in town getting her hair done and shopping. I am having lunch with her, so I have that to look forward to. I hope everyone has a nice relaxing Friday and a great weekend.

1 comment:

Webmiztris said...

I groom my nails all the time at work. Hell, I've even exercised at work! When no one's here, of course!!