Thursday, May 26, 2005

Thursday tidbits

Updates...let's see where do I begin? I went to the doctor yesterday for my 16 week (4 month) check up. All seems to be well with me and baby. The heartbeat sounds great. I have not gained anymore weight, which is really good! I am feeling alright most days. I still have some times when I am extremely nauseated and gag at the least little thing, like when I brush my teeth. For the most part though I am feeling better. I have more energy than I did a month ago and I am able to stay awake past 9:00. Next month is the big sonogram! I can't wait to find out if the baby is a girl or a boy.

The office assistant search is over, you can stop sending the resumes. I was very relieved last week when a former employee called to see about filing the position. We worked out everything and she was to start on Wednesday. Okay she has worked here before so she knows how our boss is about things. He hates tardiness! He fired one of the assistants for always being late, and she knows this. I got here yesterday right at 8:30 and she wasn't here yet. I was a little worried, but I knew there had to be a good explanation. I tried calling her house to make sure that she had not overslept or something, no answer. The boss kept calling me asking if I had heard from her, well of course I had not. She comes in at 9:15 like it is no big deal that she is 45 minutes late and didn't bother to call on her first day of work! So I had to fire her, yeah that was not pleasant. I don't make the rules, I just try my best to follow them and if the boss says send her home, then I have to. It was really hard because not only is she a former co-worker, she is a friend of mine, but there was no excuse for her not to call and let us know she was going to be late. So then I was back at square one, with no assistant. Keep in mind that I have been running the ofice by myself all week, which means that most of my work has not been getting done. There was one girl left that I had interviewed that seemed to have her wits about her. She starts tomorrow, so here I go again having to train a newby! I hate training people, I just pray that she catches on and it doesn't take me long to train her on the basics.

I trust everyone was on the edge of their seats last night to see who would be crowned the next Amreican Idol. I know I was! NOT! I did watch it this season though, for the first time. I really liked Kerry and Bo, so I didn't care who won. Now I am a little sad because I don't have anything to watch on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I guess it means that I can get off the sofa and do something.

One last thing, just want to tell my bestest friend Happy Anniversary today! She has been married 5 years. I was gonna send you a card, but hey, I can't remember every freakin' thing okay? I hope you have fun on your little get a way this weekend.

I think that about covers everything that has been going on with me, if I left anything out, leave it in comments and I will get back to you.

4 comments:

Elmwood said...

glad to hear you and the baby are doing well :)
you are going to find out what you are having?? how cool...
Any names in mind yet??

The Narcissist said...

That's hard to fire a friend, but it seems she kind of took advantage of that friendship by thinking you wouldn't care if she strolled in late. Good luck with the new girl.

ellen said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better; are you going to disclose the gender of your baby?

I'm with your boss: I cannot abide lateness; it was one of my pet peeves during my entire teaching career. Shows a total lack of respect for everyone else, and a distasteful kind of egomania. I know firing your friend wasn't easy, but I hope she learns from it.

Webmiztris said...

i'd be kicking my 'friend's' ass right now, if I were you!! that's damn rude!!