Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Saving the best for last

I am a very picky eater. I always have been. I do eat a variety of foods, but some things I just don't like and there is no compromising. I don't like mayonaisse, however I will eat it in tuna salad and chicken salad. I don't want it slathered all over my sandwich or on anything else. I don't eat potatoe salad or cole slaw. I also don't eat baked beans. So when I go to a cook out I basically eat the meat and chips. Friday at our little Mother's Day luncheon we had chicken strips, potatoe salad, green beans, and banana pudding. I had a few chicken strips and some banana pudding, thank goodness noone really noticed or else I would have had to explain that I don't eat potatoe salad or green beans. I don't complain when I go to someone else's house to eat. I just choose to eat the things I like, I don't ask for everyone to accomodate me. When I was married the first time my mother-in-law would call me the night before we were to have dinner with them and ask me what I wanted to eat. My current mother-in-law cooks a variety of things when she cooks so I don't have that problem at her house. I also hate tomatoes, which most people just can't understand. I like lettuce, but I don't want it on my hamburger, it makes it soggy!

I also eat things in a strange way. Everyday for lunch I eat a sandwich on toasted bread on my lunch break at work. I normally eat turkey, but occassionally I will eat peanut butter. Anyway I eat a sandwich because I can scarf it down on the 7 minute drive to go see my baby. That way I don't have to spend my time with him trying to feed myself. I always start with the top of the bread and I eat all the way around the edges and then I eat the middle. I also eat my pop tarts and hamburgers that way. I eat my hotdogs by starting at one end and then going to the other end and then eating the middle. My family sometimes makes fun of me for the way I eat, but I don't care. It is just one of those things that makes me unique. Anyway what is wrong with saving the best part of my food for last?

4 comments:

Elmwood said...

wow you are really picky...lol
I think it's funny how you like certain things certain ways too-like no mayo on a sandwhich but basiclly you will eat it mixed in something right? too funny! I have friends who have odd food habits. Like one picks her sandwhich to pieces then eats just the insides leaving the bread all scattered around in bits. I have a thing that I won't eat anything on a bone. I won't even think about touching a turkey--ick!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I'm a strange eater also. Not so much picky, as I really haven't met a food I didn't like, but the way I eat is strange.

Oreo cookies I eat each piece by it's self. I don't eat them together. I only like Yoplay yogurt. That's it. No other brand. But said yogurt can only come from my refrigerator, anyone else's it just taste bad. Geez, I could go on and on but then I'd have a full post here!

eatmisery said...

I'm a picky eater, as well. And I, too, save the best parts for last. We're not crazy, you know.

Elmwood said...

emily-who in their right mind would not split an Oreo cookie?--i am on board with you on that one AND as I read your comment I am eating my Yoplait custard style (ONLY yogurt i will eat) vanilla yogurt--too funny!!!!